Ozone Flux Wing
Ozone Flux Wing
Ozone Flux Wing for wingfoiling and wingsurfing- When Performance is Paramount
Flying fast, bred to shred and toned and tough from tip-to-tip, the all new Flux V1 has been designed by perfectly orienting proven, cutting edge materials to deliver extreme aerodynamic performance with a huge sweet spot.
After almost 80 prototypes, the Flux flies faster than any wing we?ve ever made. Not only does it create more immediate power, but thanks to the new pre-loaded leading edge, the Flux?s precisely tightened canopy structure can now hold and manage far more wind without deforming.
The Flux V1 features more panels than any other wing in our range to help reach the ideal load bearing structure and a super tight canopy for next level handling.
Each size in the range has an optimised shape to ensure you feel like you?re riding the same family of designs. Whether charging super high into wind on the smaller sizes, or holding more wind than you could imagine on the bigger sizes, every Flux model will help you ride faster and in more control.
The advantages of using a wing with less drag and reduced luffing will continue to reveal itself as your moves flow far more sweetly.
At A Glance:
- Super fast and fun with crazy upwind performance!
- High-aspect-ratio design with swept-leading edge
- Tight canopy structure for long lasting performance
- Incredible top end control
- Reduced drag for effortless manoeuvres
- Ergonomic carbon fibre handles
- Sensational air speed and immense power management
- Drastically reduced drag improves all areas of performance
- Super-direct connection via ergonomic carbon fibre handles with EVA grip
- High-aspect-ratio design with swept-leading edge planform for incredible glide
- Exotically featured, material enriched, super-fast and fun
- 6.5 / 5.7 / 5 / 4.3 / 3.6 / 3
- Exceptional Ozone Factory construction
- Designed with OZ-CAD
- Pre-Loaded Leading Edge
- Performance Dacron, 20% Lighter and Stiffer
- Carbon Fibre Handles with EVA Grip
- Multiplied Seam Strength
- Cleaner Aerodynamics
- Internal Reinforcements
- Overlap Flat Seams
- Direct Connect Strut
- Reinforced Leading Edge and Strut
- Reinforced Trailing Edge
- Low Profile Aerodynamic Scuff Pads
- Anti-Flap Fibreglass Battens
- Unique bladder construction
- Fast Flow Air Valves
- De-power/Surf Handle
- Harness Line Connection
- Easy View Windows
- Swivel Leash Line
- Wing Waist Strap
- Wing Technical Bag
PRE-LOADED LEADING EDGE - Say goodbye to baggy canopy cloth and hello to more performance and a longer lasting shape.
Using a performance Dacron material that is rigid and strong has allowed our designers to pre-load the leading edge and shape it to experience drastically less deformation under load. Combined with optimised sail shaping and horizontal panels for a tighter canopy, the Flux delivers huge aerodynamic performance gains
20% LIGHTER AND STIFFER PERFORMANCE DACRON - The 125g performance Dacron of the leading edge is also used in the strut and further accentuates the superb rigidity in the frame. In combination with the new rigid handles the connection levels feel like you?re part of the wind! Buckling under pressure is now far less of a concern and the Flux?s pre-loaded leading edge and stiffened strut work sublimely well in partnership with the other design features. A new, bigger sweet spot in handling will allow you to find more control in stronger conditions, point higher into the wind, reach higher speeds and also pump with greater efficiency, which makes the wing?s bottom end even more potent.
MULTIPLIED SEAM STRENGTH AND CLEANER AERODYNAMICS - The leading edge features a high cell count which creates a more perfectly curved shape, resulting in a purer aerofoil. The Flux is also designed with many more horizontal panels in the sail itself, distributing the load better along the warp of the fabric. From strut to tip, each seam creates a stronger line connection in the sail and takes more of the load, reducing canopy stretch. We build natural strength into our products and therefore, more often than not, you?ll find our designs are lighter than even our competitors? ?exclusive? reduced weight designs. Read more under in the ?Born Light? tab.
CARBON FIBRE HANDLES WITH EVA GRIP - Ergonomically angled front and back carbon fibre handles with EVA grip provide maximum control and comfort with incredible feel and response. The front handle mount features a soft bumper to protect your head and board during water starts.
FORCE FIELD PERIMETER = PRIME PERFORMANCE FOR LONGER - Positioned specifically where canopy loads are greatest, a new, stronger canopy material on the leading and trailing edges provides a force field shield around the central mainsail section. Channelling greater forces and helping to create a cleaner foil, further advantages are the reduced stretch and the fact that the Flux will maintain a better wing shape over its lifespan.
FLUX CAPACITY - The capacity of this wing is almost endless by today?s standards. You simply have to experience how it continues to hold and process more and more power, opening up your riding potential beyond comparison. The Flux is for riders who want to get up to blistering speeds and enjoy staggering aerodynamic performance, for jumping, carving, wave riding, racing and everything in between. The Flux V1 is designed with the best materials in a high aspect ratio and swept leading edge planform to deliver explicit new levels of speed and control.
WHAT YOU FEEL:
- Secure, in control, and ready to push it!
- Big wind range! Very good power generation in light wind conditions while being easy to handle in high winds
- Less drag and better stability for over-head manoeuvres such as tacks and gybes
- Excellent back-winging ability due to tight sail
- Excellent racing performance; fast, powerful, max upwind and downwind angles
- Good jumping performance with excellent speed and power into the boost and lift on the glide down
- Super stable with low drag for wave riding
- Higher performance, less physical demands
WHY YOU FEEL IT:
- High Aspect ratio design with swept leading edge planform
- Reduced span in the larger sizes to keep wing tips from interfering with water surface
- Pre-loaded leading edge with optimised sail shaping for a tighter canopy
- Horizontal canopy panels and adjoining seams optimise load distribution through warp and weft of the material, improving feeling and reducing material stretch
- New, stronger canopy material used along the leading and trailing edge to reduce canopy stretch which results in a better shape of the wing over its lifespan
- Optimised window position for yours and other riders? safety
- The leading edge and strut are made from a performance Dacron that?s 20% lighter than conventional Dacron
- Ergonomically angled, rigid carbon handles with EVA grip
- Soft bumper on front handle mount to protect your board and head
- Knuckle-guard on leading edge de-power/surf handle
- Lightweight anti-flap fibreglass battens reduce canopy flutter on trailing edge
?I've had the final 3.6m and 5m protos for a while, which is why I knew I had to get the whole quiver here in time for the event! Right away it's clear the Flux is a high-performance machine. Fast and lively, it tacks and gybes amazingly well and glides into the wind with super low drag. When loading up the wing holds its shape and creates more power instead of deforming and getting draggy. We tested it over the last couple weeks and I knew it had good speed both up and downwind, but until you're on the racecourse you never really know how things are going to go.
U.S. ORDERS OF $39 OR MORE ARE ELIGIBLE FOR 100% FREE SHIPPING!
FREE SHIPPING ONLY AVAILABLE FOR ORDERS $39 OR MORE WITH A FEW EXCEPTIONS FOR SALE PRICE OR OVERSIZE ITEMS LIKE SURFBAORDS AND SUP'S.
OFFER ONLY VALID FOR SHIPPING WITHIN THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES (48 CONTIGUOUS STATES). EXTRA SHIPPING CHARGES APPLY OUTSIDE OF THESE CONTINENTAL STATES, SUCH AS ALASKA, HAWAII, PUERTO RICO, GUAM, WAKE ISLAND, FEDERATED STATES OF MICRONESIA, US VIRGIN ISLANDS, ETC.