Ozone Zephyr V8 Ultra X Light Wind 17m Kite
Ozone Zephyr V8 Ultra X Light Wind 17m Kite
Ozone Zephyr V8 Ultra-X 17m Lightwind Kite
MAKE LIGHT WIND RIDING A BLAST ON ANY BOARD!
Offering greater range, faster flying speeds and more reactive handling, the all-new Zephyr V8 Ultra-X further proves itself a class leading light wind freeride machine for any rider who wants to expand their time on the water, whatever their board of choice
- Everything. When we set out to add more performance to the Zephyr, we specifically wanted to make riding in light winds easier for everyone, more fun and something you could do more often.
- To squeeze extra performance from a kite in aerodynamically demanding light wind conditions, we didn't just tweak an already evolved, smooth handling design. We first stripped things back to refine the entire airframe. The Zephyr V8 Ultra-X now features more shaping detail that contributes to the cleaner overall sail profile.
- The introduction of Ultra-X lightweight materials has seen this powerful 17m kite experience a 17% weight reduction, which is crucial to its undoubtedly more sporty handling.
- The V8 now delivers more forward drive and faster response in even lighter winds, while also offering more top end range comfort too, making it a seriously useful addition to your quiver.
At A Glance:
- Light wind specific freeride machine
- Huge wind range, 6-20 knots
- Now 17% lighter and more responsive with Ultra-X materials
- Tight radius turning for reactive, fun sessions
- Easy to fly and re-launch even in light winds
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Anyone who wants to get out on the water more! The combined advantages of being both lighter in weight and having a cleaner, more taut canopy across its entire profile delivers a sportier and more dynamic handling feel. The V8 flying characteristics are significantly improved throughout.
CONTINUOUS CURVE IN THE LEADING EDGE WITH TRANSVERSAL SHAPING
The aerodynamic shaping upgrades in the Zephyr V8 Ultra-X have already proven to be performance enhancing design features in other kites in the Ozone range.
As featured on the Enduro V4 and Alpha V2, our Continuous Curve Leading Edge construction ensures that, instead of trying to make a curve by joining straight segments with angled joints, each segment of the Zephyr V8 Ultra-X?s leading edge is now curved to form a perfectly smooth arc from tip-to-tip.
Working in harmony with the Continuous Curve Leading Edge, Transversal shaping has also been added and is a fundamental part of the elevated performance found in the Enduro V4, Alpha V2, Reo V7 and Edge V12 kites.
These latest design features reduce parasitic drag and create a cleaner surface at the most important area of the airfoil, guaranteeing less turbulent airflow across the canopy, improving the lift to drag ratio and overall performance.
RIP IN THE LIGHT FANTASTIC
Whether you want to pull into glassy waves in super marginal conditions, enjoy impressive boost with extended, floaty hangtime to help learn new tricks, or simply enjoy the thrill of blasting across any open waters, the Zephyr V8 Ultra-X kicks to the curb any remaining heritage of large, light wind kites feeling overly grunty and heavy.
Delivering the on-demand power of a 17m kite with the responsive handling of a 13m, you?ll be impressed by how little physical force is needed to steer the kite through turns whether you?re flying the V8 at either its impressive bottom or top end range.
The Ultra-X material placements are once again a fundamental reason why the V8 now feels so alive, even at the extreme edges of the wind window where many of this kite?s competitors will start to stall.
The Zephyr V8 Ultra-X drives forward all the time and has less tendency to backstall in really light winds. Rather than relying on pure, brutal grunt, you can use the increased speed and response of the kite to create power at its low end.
Once you're up and planing on your board, the V8 will keep accelerating forward with less lateral pull, allowing you to hold on far more comfortably if the wind picks up, without disturbing your enjoyment of the session.
In collaboration with colleagues in the dedicated prototyping department of Ozone's own factory, our design team embarked on an intense material development and testing programme spanning more than three years.
The use of light weight performance materials has helped deliver improved drift, faster reactiveness / turning speed and more drive through the window. Despite being around 17% lighter than the V7, all materials used in the Zephyr V8 Ultra-X are proven to deliver integral strength, too. Please note that these Ultra-X materials are structurally very strong, but less abrasion resistant, so we advise beginners who will have a tendency to be rougher with their kite to consider instead our large Catalyst models for learning the sport in light winds.
LIGHTER WEIGHT PERFORMANCE DACRON
- The newly integrated 125g performance dacron material on the leading edge and struts is not only 20% lighter, but is also more rigid, guaranteeing a longer lasting shape and a tighter canopy. The careful implementation helped our design team deliver the more responsive handling and aerodynamic performance gains they wanted to reach.
LIGHTER WEIGHT CANOPY
- Utilising the weight saving properties of the latest 46g double ripstop Teijin cloth (17% lighter than a 55g standard triple ripstop) further contributes to the increased drift performance in particular. The performance coating ensures high levels of strength and durability at a reduced weight.
REDUCED DIAMETER BRIDLES
- Ensuring every inch of the new Zephyr is as performance oriented as possible, the new bridles have also been reduced in diameter and are made of an abrasion-resistant sheathed Dyneema line material.
- Every millimetre of potential drag savings count when it comes to finding the extremes of accessible lightwind performance. You can rely on our team to have poured over every square inch of the new Zephyr V8 Ultra-X to ensure it's tuned to get you riding sooner and for longer with less of the handling complications in flight that are often associated with light wind riding.
WHAT YOU FEEL:
- More responsive kite with more stability, especially in marginal conditions
- Lighter handling and bar pressure
- Faster airspeed and turning. This 17m feels more like a 13m kite
- More forward drive, less tendency to back stall
- Smaller packing volume
- Better drift and stability over head
WHY YOU FEEL IT:
- Overall, the V8 17m is 17% lighter than the V7
- Continuous curved leading edge
- Transversal shaping
- Ultra-X lightweight, performance materials
- Reduced bridle line diameter
- 17m 6-20 Knots
- Wind range is indicative only based on an average rider weight of 80kg. Actual range will vary based on rider skill level and type of board used.
BAR SIZE / LINE LENGTH Recomendation:
- 55cm Bar with 25m+2m Fly Lines/Extensions
U.S. ORDERS OF $39 OR MORE ARE ELIGIBLE FOR 100% FREE SHIPPING!
FREE SHIPPING ONLY AVAILABLE FOR ORDERS $39 OR MORE WITH A FEW EXCEPTIONS FOR SALE PRICE OR OVERSIZE ITEMS LIKE SURFBAORDS AND SUP'S.
OFFER ONLY VALID FOR SHIPPING WITHIN THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES (48 CONTIGUOUS STATES). EXTRA SHIPPING CHARGES APPLY OUTSIDE OF THESE CONTINENTAL STATES, SUCH AS ALASKA, HAWAII, PUERTO RICO, GUAM, WAKE ISLAND, FEDERATED STATES OF MICRONESIA, US VIRGIN ISLANDS, ETC.